5 Tips for Getting the Most out of Red Light Therapy
Red Light Therapy is a popular treatment for wrinkles, improving the texture of the skin, and targeting spots and acne. To get the best results, follow our top tips
- Follow the recommended treatment frequency. For example, our red light compacts and pens are designed to be used 2-3 times per day, and have been developed to be safe to use this often. Make sure you check the guidelines for whichever device you choose, to ensure you get the best results, safely.
- Cleanse your skin before you start, so that the red light can penetrate without being blocked by creams or cosmetics. There is no UV light in our handheld red light compacts and pens, so you don’t need to worry about wearing suncream or anything like that. Freshly cleaned skin is best.
- Don’t stare into the light! Although red light is safe to use, pointing any light source at your eyes will be unpleasant.
- Double-check any medications. Red light doesn’t include UV light, but to be on the safe side, you should check with your doctor if you’re taking any medication that can make your skin light-sensitive, before you start treatments.
- Continue your usual beauty regime – it’s important to carry on cleansing and moisturising even when using red light therapy. Make sure you use products that don’t block the pores (especially if you’re treating spots or acne). Red light doesn’t replace your skincare regime, but it does enhance it!
If you’re considering trying out red light therapy for your skin, let us know. We can help you choose the best product for your skin’s needs, whether you’re trying to combat the signs of ageing, or reduce redness, inflammation, and scarring associated with acne or spots.